1/2 lb. lean ground beef
1 can black beans, liquid drained
1 can kidney beans, liquid drained
1 small onion, diced
3/4 c salsa
1 pkg. Taco seasoning (we just use cumin, chili powder and garlic)
1 can corn
1 can olives, chopped
1/4 c water (if needed)
1 c shredded cheese
1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, diced
CORN BREAD RECIPE: 1 c flour, 1 c cornmeal, 1 T baking powder, 1/2 t salt, 2 beaten eggs, 1 c milk, 1/4 c oil, 2 T honey. Mix dry ingredients together in one bowl, and wet ingredients in another bowl, then mix all together and set aside.
1. Cook beef and onion until beef is browned; drain.
2. Stir in beans, salsa, taco seasoning, and water. Cook over low heat for 5-6 min. or until mixture thickens.
3. Stir in corn and olives. Spoon into greased 9x13 baking dish.
4. Make the Cornbread in separate bowl.
5. Stir the cheese and chilies into the corn batter and spread over the meat mixture.
6. Bake 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Serve with a dollop of sour cream and shredded lettuce, tomato and avocado if desired.