Today's health battle isn't just what food categories we should in and in what balance. But the real question is what quality of food should we eat. Definitely not genetically modified! Who knows the future consequence to our bodies of foods that have been structurally changed.
|Map of countries allowing GMOs|
- The four primary GM foods are soy, corn, canola, and sugar beets. Derivatives of these foods are present in over 70 percent of food in the grocery store. The main reason the plants are genetically modified is so they can handle higher amounts of herbicide. Bacterial genes are inserted that allow them to survive doses of herbicide that would otherwise kill them.
- Digestive disorders Laboratory animals fed GM foods developed stomach lesions, intestinal damage, and proliferative cell growth in the walls of the stomach and intestines.
- Unbalanced intestinal bacteria The good bacteria living in our digestive tracts is helpful for digestion and immunity. Excessive herbicide residues on GM crops may destroy beneficial intestinal flora.
- Compromised immunity Animal studies with GM foods show delayed immune responses and inflammatory and immune reactions.
- Allergies Soon after GM soy products were introduced in the UK, soy allergies increased by 50 percent.
- Liver problems The liver is the body’s main detoxifying organ. Mice and rats fed GM food had significant changes in their livers. In some, livers were smaller and partially atrophied.
- Reproductive problems and infant mortality
Sometimes is is difficult to tell with all the labels and marketing ploys. So...here are some to be aware of....
And this is a pervasive problem.