Dec 1, 2016

Peppermint Almond Joy bites

 It's the Christmas season and we are looking for more healthy dessert recipes. I wanted some type of a coconut ball or something. I found this recipe, which isn't  exactly what I wanted, but it tastes great. It reminds me of our Powerball's, but the ingredients make it more Christmasy.  Some people call these almond Joy bites. But I've taken that and added peppermint flavor to make it great for this season.

  • 2 cups Medjool dates, pits removed
  • 2 cups almonds
  • 1/2 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
  • 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1/2 tsp. almond extract (optional)
  •  A few drops of peppermint oil ( or a candycane)
 Just throw everything into your food processor and blend it up for about three minutes. That's it. 




* original recipe is from www.givemesomeoven.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment