Oh wait, I'm not talking about that Christmas song. I'm talking about the cold season. We made this last year and just took a teaspoon for kids daily and a tablespoon for adults. But I've heard it's best to take five of the seven days to give your body a little bit of a break. It is a simple recipe if you have dried elderberries on hand. And if not, your local health store might have some or you can just get a cupful.
* ⅔ c dried elderberries
* 3½ c of water
* 2 ginger root
* 1 cinnamon stick (1T powder)
* ½ tsp cloves
* 1 c raw honey
1. Boil all ingredients, except the honey; until reduced by half (about 45minutes)
2. Remove from heat and stir in honey
3. Let cool and place in closed glass jar. Store in fridge.
4. Take 5 days/week during cold season (1 tsp/kids, 1 T/adults). 3-5 times/day if have a cold.
* Original recipe from www.wellness mama.com