Apr 26, 2014

New Food Adventures: Lemon


I never bought fresh lemons. In fact, I never liked them growing up!
I lived off lemon juice from concentrate, if I ever needed it. But once I learned how awesome lemons are as digestive aids and liver cleansers, not to mention they have antiseptic and antibacterial properties, I buy a bag every month!

So what do I do with all those lemons?
  • Drink lemon water daily to kick start digestive health and boost immune system
  • Zest and dry to save for toppings or lemon flavoring
  • Slice and freeze for ready to go water flavor enhances (or keep in water all day/change daily)
  • Make your own lemon infused cleaner
  • Get out stains/natural bleach alternative
  • Disinfect cutting board
  • Homemade salad dressings, use lemon in place of part or all vinegar
  • Squeeze a little lemon on sauteed greens (or broccoli) to cut through bitter flavor
  • Put slices of lemon in pan under fish to help cut the fishy taste during cooking (or squeeze over after)
  • homemade lemonade (just add some sweetener and water)



*Feel free to comment on other things you've used lemons for.

You can also do many of these with lime. Cooking rice in lime juice and adding cilantro is yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment