Apr 26, 2014

Breakfast Pepper Cups

This is a fancy way to eat an egg. You would get the same taste and flavor via omelette or scrambled eggs. But it is fun, especially to change up things for a holiday or so. Bell

Peppers, cut in half
1 egg for each half pepper
precooked breakfast bacon or sausage
veggies of choice
----
1. Bake pepper halves open side up in oven at 375 for 15-20 minutes.
2. Sautee veggies if desired (onion, garlic, zucchini, etc.)
3. Place pepper halves in casserole dish and add the veggies and meat to each pepper half and top with one egg, salt and pepper.
4. Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 40 minutes or so (or until set).
*I like to cut mine in strip when I'm done and eat them like wedges. Could do a breakfast wedge platter I think, with a bowl of fruit salad on the side. And...my kids didn't eat the pepper, just the egg out of it. So...choose your battles (breakfast battles aren't a good way for me to start the day. so, this is a meal for me.)
*I also precook a big batch of breakfast sausage and keep small portions containered in our freezer for this and quiche and such.


Original idea from http://everydaypaleo.com/baked-eggs-bell-pepper/

No comments:

Post a Comment