Dec 13, 2012
2 Red Peppers, cored/seeded and cut in half
1 c quinoa
2 c beef broth
1/2 t. ginger, grated
1 garlic clove, minced
1 t cumin
salt and pepper to taste (don't skimp on the salt!)
feta cheese (optional)
1. Roast peppers at 400 for about 15 minutes
2. Sautee ginger and garlic in oil or butter
3. Add quinoa and cumin and sautee another minute
4. Add beef broth and bring to boil; cook ten minutes until broth is absorbed and quinoa done.
5. Remove from heat and add green onions, cilantro and almonds (and feta, if desired).
6. Stiff peppers with quinoa mixture and cook 10 more minutes.