Nov 9, 2011

Egg-free Egg Nog

7 cups milk
1/2 c. raw cashews (soaked for 4 or more hours)
2 T. vanilla
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c raw honey
3/4 t. cinnamon
3/4 t. nutmeg
3/4 t. powdered ginger


Blend all together. Serve cold.


*I enjoy using this to cook my oats in for a yummy morning oatmeal recipe: 1 cup oats to 1 3/4 c eggnog. Just boil egg nog and then add oats. Cook three minutes and then let sit for 3 minutes. Voila. I sometimes add in raisins when I add the oats, so they're more plump and warm too.

*You can also add this to nut milk instead of regular milk, but I didn't want to make our nut milk recipe...although it'd be easy if you soak more cashews and just make it at the same time. You can use pumpkin pie spice instead of these listed. Or add a tiny dash of clove and also tiny dash of tumeric (which gives a little yellow color).

No comments:

Post a Comment