1 c honey
4 T gelatin (grass-fed is best)
1. Boil water in pan.
2. Pour 1/2 c water into gelatin powder in a separate bowl.
3. Put honey into the pan with remaining 1/2 c water and bring to boil. Boil until softball stage (240 degrees...about 10 minutes).
4. Slowly pour hot mixture into gelatin mixture (which will be very gelatinous by now) while beating on low until soft peaks form (about 8 minutes).
5. Pour out onto greased tray and spread about 1 inch thick.
6. Let sit for at least 4 hours. Then cut in cubes and place in sealed container. Do not freeze!
- Infuse the water with 1 T. marshmallow root for healthier option (make a tea of it, then strain)
- use juice
- add orange zest, mint essential oil, or other extracts/flavorings
- add cocoa powder into hot mix
- roll in crushed candy canes
- add probiotic powder at the end, while mixing to give nutritional boost
- put in little bags for Christmas gifts ("snowman poop"???) :)
original idea from wellnessmama