Basically cholorophyll is responsible for the green color in plants and converts the sun light into energy for the plant--like plasma for humans. It is rich in calcium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorous, selenium, zinc and potassium and also contains vitamins A, C and E. And, the best part...it is a whole food! Not a man made chemical pill or anything (which many people have told me iron supplements don't full absorb, so I didn't like taking them.
In summary, liquid chlorophyll purifies the blood and removes toxins from the digestive system.
When ingested, chlorophyll helps to do the job of hemoglobin in rebuilding and replenishing our red blood cells, boosting our energy and increasing our wellbeing almost instantly. Hence why it's great for anemics--low iron.
- Anti Carcinogenic: Chlorophyll blocks the metabolism in the body of harmful chemicals known as procarcinogens that damage DNA.
- Antioxidant & Anti-inflammatory: contains high levels of vitamins A, C and E, and is has antioxidants and can help reduce inflammation.
- Chelation of Heavy Metals: has the ability to bind to and remove toxic heavy metals such as mercury making it an extremely powerful healer.
- Antiseptic: while chlorophyll doesn’t actually have antiseptic properties of its own, it, quite remarkably, DOES have the ability to aid our body’s tissue in destroying germs. By strengthening tissue, it increases the disease resistance of cells and, at the same time, prevents the growth of bacteria!
- Treats Bad Breath: Firstly, as a deodoriser, it will eliminate odours in the mouth and throat, but secondly (and more importantly) it promotes a healthy digestive tract – which is the primary reason for bad breath.
- Rapid Delivery of Magnesium: this has a highly alkalising effect on the body and helps to deliver much needed oxygen to cells and tissues.
- Contains vitamin K, C, folic acid, iron, calcium, protein: which are all also essential in building and repairing red blood cells and boosting our immune system.
I just take 1 T of liquid cholophyll a day in a glass of water--natural mint flavored. It tastes like cold mint tea, but extra "green" tasting. And I plan to regularly keep it up, since I know my body needs it and it's again a WHOLE FOOD! Can't beat that!
I bought a big bottle for $12 in the natural foods isle that has healthy supplements and probiotic stuff. And it will last a long time. (I've actually tried three brands now and some were disgusting. I like the one by Nature's Way, not by World Organic or Nature's Sunshine)