1 lg. head of Swiss Chard
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1 lg. onion
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 c well drained canned tomatoes, diced
1/2 c mushrooms, diced
1/2 c olives, sliced
12 oz. pasta shells
3/4 c crumbled feta cheese
1/2 c kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 c grated parmesan cheese
1/4 c sour cream
1. Cook the pasta to package directions, drain, rinse and set aside.
2. Rinse chard, drain well and chop in to rough pieces. Heat 2 T of oil in a lg. heavy skillet over med. heat. Add the onion and saute until slighty tender. Stir in the garlic and cook for 1 minute then add the tomatoes, mushrooms, and olives and cook about 8 minutes until the chard is just wilted. Do not over cook the chard because it will cook more in the oven.
3. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
4. Remove the chard mixture and stir in the feta, kidney beans, parmesan and sour cream. Fold in the pasta and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour the mixture in a 1 or 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with any extra parmesan or some mozzerella. Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked all the way through.
6. Serve warm with some artisan sourdough bread and a fresh salad for a complete meal...enjoy!
Recipe was adapted from http://www.thekitchn.com website.