2 cups rolled oats
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup yogurt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c. maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 T butter, melted (for greasing pan)
1 apple, cored and shredded
1. Combine oats, water and yogurt in a bowl and cover with a towel. Leave on the counter overnight.
2. In the morning, drain excess liquid from soaked oats.
3. Mix dry ingredients in one bowl and wet in another bowl.
4. Combine wet ingredients and dry ingredients into the soaked oats.
5. Spread in greased pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the oatmeal is golden brown on top and set. Serve warm with fresh raspberries or blueberries.
From Nourishing Traditions Book, by Sally Fallon